Blackout window covers are an easy yet cheap and reliable source for keeping your room or office dark and cool. It protects your room from harmful UV rays and reduce the usage for HVAC as it prevents excess light to enter and regulates the room temperature.
Do You really need blackout window covers?
In todays extreme summer weather all over the world, The scorching sun makes you want to remain in a cooler or darker place for most of the sun’s peak time. Blackout Curtains or Black window covers are found to be the most secure yet inexpensive way to create a dark, cool vibe at a place of your desire whether it be home, car or office.
How blackout window cover works?
Blackout window covers are not your ordinary curtains or covers as they are specially designed to prevent excess light breaching into your room. Blackout curtains are specially designed with a layer of Volatile chemicals infused into the thick fabric to prevent excess light to breach into the room and provide the depth of coolness.
We offer custom size blackout window shades, add your window length and width here to get your desired size shades.
Difference between room darkening and blackout curtains?
There is a thin line of difference between room darkening and blackout curtains. While they are deemed to have been designed for the same purpose of preventing the light rays. Room darkening curtains are specially designed to keep the light out of a room however the small spaces in the fabric allow few rays of light to pass resulting in partial lighting in the room.
However, in comparison, blackout curtains are specially designed to prevent any ray of light from entering into the room. Its thick fabric endorsed in Volatile chemicals makes it impossible for light rays to enter resulting in a cooler and darker room.
How is blackout window shade measured:
In order to measure blackout window shade, you need to follow the following steps:
1. Take pencil and paper and use a measuring tape to measure the exact measurements of your window which needs a curtain.
2. Jot down the exact measurements starting from one corner to other, those measurements will be for the inner frame of your curtains.
3. Now for the outer frame, Measure once again but this time keep a margin of 2-4 inches depending on your area from each side.
4. You can increase or decrease the size of outer frame as per your desire.
You can hand over these measurements to the maker and your perfect customized curtains will be ready.
How to clean blackout window shades:
As convenient as they are blackout window shades can get dirty really quickly. Here’s how you can clean them.
1. Do not use any electric or magnetic cleaner or them as it can damage its UV blocking abilities.
2. You can use some lukewarm water and some really mild soap to clean them, but try not rub or soak completely as it could damage the cloth.
It matches perfectly with the increased concept of minimalism; it looks fashionable and modern yet simple and gives you complete comfort. Its durable and easy to clean, which makes it an ideal choice for every home owner.